Ascent Aerospace is the market leader in the design and manufacture of complex Invar and composite tooling systems. Ascent’s Coast Composites and Odyssey Industries facilities produce high quality molds used to manufacture latest-generation composite parts including fuselages, wings, nacelles, frames, stiffeners, and doors. Ascent has produced molds for virtually every major aerospace composite program, and recent wing skin tools manufactured at Coast are the largest ever built. Ascent is at the leading edge of new spacecraft composite structures, as well.
According to Paul Walsh, President of the Ascent Tooling Group, “As aircraft and spacecraft evolve, our capabilities, designs and processes have advanced to meet new challenges. We developed our innovative modular tool build system to accommodate the ever-increasing size of composite structures.” Based on the company’s patented laser welding technology and proven on more than 30 wing skin molds, Invar layup molds are manufactured in segments small enough to transport by conventional means and then assembled at the customer’s site. Manufacturing the highest quality molds in a manner that supports international delivery has earned Ascent Aerospace business across the globe.
Ascent Aerospace can further leverage their family of companies to provide complete solutions for:
- Tool design, engineering and stress analysis for all industries, among them wind energy, marine and automotive applications
- Complete aircraft tooling strings that employ common interfaces between molds, trim tools, and assembly tools
- “Smart” tooling benefiting from a very strong controls and industrial engineering core discipline
- The full value chain of aerostructure joining solutions, from intelligent assembly jigs to drilling end effectors to multi-axis, high-speed CNC fastening systems
- Full integration services for turnkey assembly lines and factories, beginning with design and managing the project through installation and training