Our veteran engineering department includes mechanical, controls, and software personnel. We are experts at producing high precision integrated systems, motion platforms and end effectors used for drilling, countersinking, fastening, and sealant applications. We also specialize in the development of aerospace production and tooling aids.
All Brown Aerospace drilling systems are designed to meet the torque, thrust, and speed requirements necessary for quality, precision holes. Precision diametral tolerances and countersink depths are achieved. We provide systems for drill-only, drill-fasten, sealant application, and more.
Since its founding in 2000, Brown Aerospace continues to deliver world-class products. A brief overview of notable achievements include the following:
- 2000 - Brown Aerospace founded, manufactures first numeric, automated drilling end effector, the “Jet Builder”
- 2002 - Jet Builder adapted to Motoman Robot
- 2004 - Brown’s first multi-function end effector combines drilling, countersinking, sealing and fastening
- 2006 - Introduction of first flexible, mobile processing system, the Portable Drilling Center
- 2010 - First fastener feed (automated delivery) system produced
- 2014 - Acquired by Ascent Aerospace
- 2017 – Moved to Ascent’s technology campus in Macomb Township, Michigan