Project Engineer / Workpackage Leader
In coordination with Ascent Integration central teams and with a direct report to the country manager, the Project Engineer/ Workpackage Leader (WPL) will take the responsibility of one or several work packages for execution projects or for offers.
Main duties & responsibilities
• Project Management. With the aim to protect quality, schedule and financial targets, the WPL is fully responsible of its mechanical work package, especially for assembly tools or assembly lines:
• Manage the WP scope: PBS, WBS and industrial plan of the project in line with project scope of work and by taking care carefully of the customer needs.
• Within the project team, you are following the assigned WP from the studies to the final validation.
• Organize the WP activities and the interfaces with the other WP
• Be responsible of the WP schedule and prepare the project milestones.
• Organize the deliverables of the WP and secure the expected performances by making anticipated verification and validation plan.
• Make the WP scope between the customer and the supplier is aligned and detect discrepancies to make contract up scope.
• Drive all sub-contracting activities towards suppliers and be responsible of the contractual status with them
• Quality and human management
• Ensure full compliance with Ascent Integration SAS processes and methodologies
• Check quality deliverables compliance with the project quality manager
Experience / Qualifications
• Degree in either Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Business Management.
• Relevant experience with broad background in areas of mechanical project management or engineering.
• Strong knowledge of industrial project management rules
• English level should be fluent enough for internal and external communications
• Rigorous methods and team spirit are key
• Customer oriented, schedule and quality committed
What would make you stand out
• Minimum five (5) years’ total experience, with broad background in areas of mechanical project management or engineering. Tooling or machine experiences are suitable.
• CAD design knowledge ideally with Catia V5 or 3DExperience
• Experience with tooling projects or Automation