Technical Leader Automation
Permanent, full-time role
Location: UK and Germany
Remuneration: according to profile
With 100 staff members across Europe, Ascent Integration, an Ascent Aerospace company, is a European business with offices in the UK, France and Germany. Our teams of designers, process engineers, automation experts, work package leaders & project managers provide turnkey manufacturing, assembly and maintenance solutions to the industry.
We help our customers find optimized solutions to their industrial, production and maintenance needs, minimize their capex and recurring costs while ensuring technical feasibility and performances. We enable our customers to use their production or maintenance tools with the highest level of safety, quality, and availability by supplying fast and tailored solutions.
Ascent Integration has a record of accomplishments in the rail and aerospace industries. Ascent Integration is also involved in projects on wind turbine assembly lines in France.
The Technical Leader is the owner of the design and supply of automation or instrumentation & control systems meeting the requirements of the projects: monitoring of the complete engineering design, production, qualification, installations and testing.
• Definition, programming and development of instrumentation & control of special machines and industrial installations (automation and supervision)
• Write documentation: architecture, functional analysis, organic analysis, test programs and procedures.
• In the case of subcontracting: write the specifications.
• Participate in the follow-up of suppliers in different phases: studies, construction, site-work.
• Carry out tests (platform tests, tests and development with suppliers and/or customers)
• Ensure the launch and commissioning of the installations at the customer’s premises.
• Provide assistance and troubleshooting on customer installations in the production phase.
In the study phase:
• Conduct detailed development or design studies: definition and architecture of systems, hardware and software, justification of definitions, lists of constituents, interfaces, technical choices, validation plans.
• For offers, write a technical description of the instrumentation & control solutions proposed and quantify them (equipment and hours).
• Produce instrumentation & control documentation for the associated deliverables in compliance with customer milestones
• Be in charge of the programming of the automation and supervision
• Define and manage the test plans for the instrumentation & control deliverables: platform tests, validation on prototypes, development and qualification of the final installation (V cycle).
In the commissioning and assistance phase:
• Ensure the launch of an industrial installation or a special machine: installation and monitoring, testing, program debugging.
• Know how to read electrical diagrams during commissioning and on-site acceptance tests
• Assist and train the staff assigned by the end customer.
• Be the point of contact for the instrumentation & control referent on the customer side: understanding of needs, resolution of blocking points, progress points, disputes…
• Establish regular reporting of the progress of instrumentation & control deliverables to the project stakeholders: workpackage leader, architect, project manager and business representatives
• Be the technical support of the business manager for the follow-up of the deliverable (supply, manufacture and follow-up of manufacture, factory tests)
What we are looking for:
• Engineer or equivalent and experience of at least 5 years in the field specified above expected
• Mastering industrial instrumentation & control (electrical, electrical engineering and electronics).
• Experience in instrumentation & control of industrial installations and special machines.
• Experience in programming robots and supervision, in particular SIEMENS (TIA PORTAL, WinCC).
What can make you stand out:
• Good knowledge of electricity (electrical diagrams, power reports)
• InTouch Programming
• Knowledge and/or experience in industrial computing (programming, MES systems)
• Experience in robotics
• Experience in supplier follow-up
• Team player
• Hold goals
• Ability to inform, anticipate problems, identify risks or opportunities.
• Communication skills to participate or lead technical meetings